Cooking gave us not just the meal but also the occasion: the practice of eating together at an appointed time and place. This was something new under the sun, for the forager of raw food would have likely fed himself on the go and alone, like all the other animals. … But sitting down to common meals, making eye contact, sharing food, and exercising self-restraint all served to civilize us.
Cheerfulness, unaffected cheerfulness, a sincere desire to please and be pleased, unchecked by any efforts to shine, are the qualities you must bring with you into society, if you wish to succeed in conversation. … a light and airy equanimity of temper,—that spirit which never rises to boisterousness, and never sinks to immovable dullness; that moves gracefully from “grave to gay, from serious to serene,” and by mere manner gives proof of a feeling heart and generous mind.
“Do what you love and do it often.”
Hand-rolled through a letterpress machine and pressed onto paper derived from 50% elephant poo and 50% recycled paper, wholly biodegradable.
I’m going to teach a 6:45am spin class on Wednesday, and I’m pumped! Here’s the playlist/routine I’ve created:
- Santeria, Sublime (3:03): Seated flat and stretching
- Feel Again, One Republic (3:06): Standing flat
- Hall of Fame, The Script (3:23): Seated climb
- The Fighter, Gym Class Heroes (3:49): Jumps
- Sweet Nothing, Calvin Harris (3:34): Sprints
- That Thing, Lauryn Hill (5:40): Standing climb
- Harder to Breathe, Maroon 5 (2:54): Seated flat (recovery)
- Club Can’t Handle Me, Flo Rida (3:53): Running with resistance
- Lose Yourself, Eminem (5:20): Standing climb
- E.T., Katy Perry (3:51): Seated flat (recovery)
- Feel This Moment, Pitbull (3:50): Sprints
- Where Have You Been, Rihanna (4:03): Running with resistance
- Love the Way You Lie, Eminem (4:23): Cool down and stretching
TOTAL: 50.3 minutes